When you are using cPanel to manage your server, there are some common issues, a server can face. You can fix these common issues by troubleshooting them. These common cPanel server issues can impact your website performance and security. In this guide, we will understand some of the most common issues in cPanel server and their cause of the issue. We also provide a troubleshooting solution to mitigate these risks.
Why Troubleshooting important for Smooth Working of cPanel?
There are many cPanel issues available that can be easily solved by troubleshooting. Let’s find out its importance
- Better user experience
User experience is important for higher retention of users, better sales, and improved traffic. When problems happen on the server like slow loading or broken links, it affects the user’s experience and troubleshooting helps to fix them.
- Reducing Server Downtime
A website may go down due to various server issues that cause frustration for users and potential revenue loss. Troubleshooting helps to fix issues quickly.
- Optimized Server Performance
Scammer attacks, malfunctions, and other small issues can affect Server performance and its operation. Fixing these issues offers better cPanel server security and performance to keep your visitors engaged on the website.
- Sustainable for long-term
Fixing issues regularly keeps the site working smoothly for a long time. Solving problems early stops them from getting bigger.
- Prevent risk:
A website or server can face issues like hackers, sneaky access, or messed-up accounts. Apply regular server monitoring tools to identify unauthorized activities quickly to make your website much more secure.
Troubleshoot common cPanel Issues
Let’s find out some of the common issues in cPanel and their cause of having them.
When you are facing issues with sending or receiving emails through their cPanel. This can be due to misconfigured email settings, exceeding mailbox storage limits, and other technical glitches. Sometimes, overprotective spam filters can affect your email delivery.
Email delivery troubleshooting steps to follow
- Ensure your email settings are correct including DNS configuration.
- Verify the recipient’s email for validity and ensure the emails are not flagged as spam.
- Aduject spam filters to balance protection and email delivery.
- Explore third-party services for more security and delivery.
Website Accessibility Issues
If users are facing issues in accessing or navigating your website. Website accessibility can cause cPanel server error codes, high traffic, higher resource utilization, broken links, and features not working as intended.
Troubleshooting Website Accessibility Issues ensures a smooth and user-friendly website experience.
- Check your website’s code for errors; validate and fix any coding issues.
- Confirm that your server is functioning correctly to prevent access problems.
- Speed up content delivery by turning on caching tools, such as CDNs.
- Use a performance tracker to find and fix resource-draining scripts or plugins on your website.
- Regularly inspect and repair broken links to maintain smooth navigation.
FTP Connection Failures
Failure in the FTP(File Transfer Protocol) connection can affect the server’s ability to transfer files. FTP connection problems may be caused by incorrect login credentials, server unavailability, or firewall restrictions. If you are facing these issues, troubleshoot them
- Ensure your FTP username and password are correct.
- Examine firewall configurations to ensure they allow FTP connections.
- Turn off any firewall or security software that might be preventing the FTP connection.
- Test with a different FTP client software to see if the problem is specific to the client.
Database Connection Errors
The problem in database connection refers to the issue that occurs when an application is unable to establish a connection with its associated database. These issues often arise due to incorrect login credentials, server unavailability, and misconfigurations in the connection settings.
To resolve database connection problems, follow a few steps
- Make sure the credential info you enter for your database login is correct.
- Use third-party tools or software to check if your database capable of establishing a connection with a website or app.
- See if the database computer is working and you can reach it.
- Troubleshoot your database computer for any error messages that might tell you what’s wrong.
SSL protocol helps in secure and encrypted communication between the cPanel server and the user’s web browser. If you notice weird things on your website or a sudden increase in visitors, then it might cause security problems. These problems can include SSL certificate errors, expired certificates, and mismatched configurations.
Follow the steps to resolve the website security issue
- Make sure your SSL certificate is up-to-date and comes from a trusted source.
- Confirm that the SSL certificate is installed correctly on your server.
- Review your website’s configuration to make are they follow all SSL requirements rules.
Backup and Restoration Issue
Taking regular backups offers the protection of your data. These problems could be caused by not having enough space for backups, issues with the backup files, and errors in the process of bringing back the saved data. To resolve these problems:
- Make sure there’s enough space available to store your backups.
- Your backup settings in cPanel are set up correctly.
- Think about using other backup options to be extra sure your data is safe and can be brought back easily.
Complete cPanel Server Management From Experts
If you do not know how to troubleshoot server issues then getting help from server experts is the right decision. Hiring cPanel server maintenance expert like Serverpoet can help in providing solutions to common cPanel server errors. They provide solutions including cPanel server troubleshooting, security, configuration, 24/7 monitoring, migration, and server management.
At Serverpoet, our server experts solve thousands of server queries each year and manage hundreds of websites and servers every month. They also guide you on how to avoid these types of issues in the future.
Issues and problems are common thing when you are hosting a website on the server, but troubleshooting can help in determining and solving these issues. A website without downtime, lazy load, and less security can affect the user experience and website visitors. So, it’s important to fix these common issues in cPanel to keep the site working smoothly for a long time.
Also, you can contact Serverpet to get complete cPanel server support from our experts.
What More? ServerPoet offers Top-notch Managed Web Hosting services at an affordable cost that no one can deny. With cost, you can enjoy 99.9% uptime, faster server response time(<0.1sec), and 24/7 technical support.